Wednesday, December 14, 2005

So it isn't Only Me!

I kept falling asleep all evening, I was so exhausted. With everything going on at school and all the work I have to do, I'm not getting nearly enough sleep.
I made it my business to be in bed by 11:30 so that I could wake up early this morning and take care of everything I had to do for today.
I prepared my lessons, and did a million things around the house, but somehow, nothing seemed to get done.
At 11:00 I realized that I had better get dressed or else I might be late for school.
Lately I've been dreading going to school every day. It's not easy to have to work so hard and still get it over the head all the time.
I had a pretty good day, gave a spelling test, taught the girls about dialogue and quotations, and gave them time to finish their history projects.
The girls are under a lot of pressure now. It's right before report cards and they have tons to do. I tried not to give them too much work, and I gave them a lot of class time for this project.
One group came over to me to ask me for more time. You wish I let them get away with that. I told them that in the worst case, they'd finish their poster for Sunday and they'd just present their project tomorrow.
Right way C.S.A. began to cry. She puts a lot of pressure on herself, and she's a real perfectionist. As soon as she started thinking of getting up in front of the class without a completed project, she began hyperventilating. Help.
I tried to calm her down, but she refused to stop crying. I just let her deal with it on her own.
L.K. and T.K. were sitting on the floor doing absolutely nothing, and just plain looking miserable. I tried talking to them, but T.K. just kept saying angry, fresh things, so I just stopped before she'd say something I'd have to punish her for.
I spoke to L.K. after class. She seemed so overwhelmed, that I had to reassure her that everything would be fine.
I told her that if she ever needed anything I would try my best to help. She was very appreciative, and even smiled.
Later that night I got a call from M.P's mother. Her daughter was very upset that she had to do the entire poster for tomorrow, and she still had a test to study for,and the other girls were not helping her claiming that they weren't artistic.
I was understandably very upset too, because I had specifically told the group not to drive themselves crazy. I have the feeling they all conveniently "forgot" to relay the message to M.P.
Mrs. P. was very upset at the situation in the class. The teachers noticed it too. The girls do not respect or care about each other.
I told her that she should rally talk to the principal, but she claimed the the principal wouldn't listen to her. M.P. asked her to specifically call me because I was the nicest of al her teachers and I would listen to her. Awwww....
So even the parents notice that there's a problem with talking to the principal....Hmmmm.

No comments: