Sunday, April 30, 2006

So ADHD

I woke up this morning on the right side of the bed. My iHome didn't know it was s'firah and it woke me up to a great song. I jumped out of bed and sang the entire morning.
I decided that because it was Sunday, I didn't have to bother getting all dressed up. I wore a black skirt and blue oxford shirt to school today. Oh, and my Aerosoles, the "Sew Cute" pair. I looked just right for my age, not a day older than 12.
My co was so not in my nutty mood today. There was a substitute in school today for the first time and she couldn't stop staring at me dancing. I was singing in the teacher's room because I was so excited that the day was almost over. This mind you, was before I had even walked into class.
Class was pretty ok too. I managed to get most of my lesson done, but then, just as I was finishing, the principal came in to talk to the class.
It seems that there was an attempted rape in my neighborhood and the police were sending out bulletins on how to keep safe. Now, you can't really explain to a seventh grade class what a rapist is, but the principal gave very clear instructions on how to stay safe.
R.H. looked at her watch and noticed that this was a perfect opportunity to waste time, so she did. And so did the rest of the class.
The principal also spoke about treating R.S. nicely when she came back. I'm assuming she'll be back tomorrow. I hope it all turns out well.
I asked the principal to do this speech in the other class after recess when I was there because I had way too much time there and I had no idea what to do with it.
I tired to finish up history, but it wasn't happening at all. I'm giving a test on Wednesday, they had better know this stuff by then.
I told the classes about the time a teacher of mine had challenged every girl to write the word million a million times. If any girl had been able to accomplish it, she'd have gotten a year of free tests. Of course no one had manged to do it, and it just proved to us what a huge number a million was. The girls seemd very into my story. I think they just wanted to waste class time.
During recess I was nuts. The eighth graders kept coming to the door for their teacher and I told them she's be available about next year.
I resumed my dancing and singing, and tried to get my co into a good mood.
Finally, when the end of recess bell rang, I ran out of the room and slammed right into the principal. I was so mortified, but then my co got up from the table and pushed it away from her. Then she realized that the principal was there. She was even more embarrassed than I was.
We both came into class laughing away.
The girls could not figure out what was wrong with me. I was so jumpy. I think I forgot to take my Ritalin this morning. J/K
I also tried convincing my co to leave the school and come with me to a new one. I need to have a co like her along. What if I get stuck with someone weird? I'm trying to bribe her into going to this new school (where I don't even have a job yet!). I told her I'd get a car and drive her everyday. (I don't even believe that yet myself!)
Anyway, the day was over soon enough, and I managed to create a test in a very short amount of time. It took only 2 1/2 hours. Then I had to prepare history. Only 5 more lessons left to do!!! I'm dreading getting an eighth grade job and having to prepare all over again. Oh well.
I am totally bouncing off the walls, I think I might have had too much sugar in my rice crispies. Well, at least I had a good day!

No comments: