Thursday, June 22, 2006

Not Done Yet

I really have been way too busy with my day camp preparations to post the last two days. I plan on taking the time to write a detailed post about my thoughts and feelings coming out of this school year, my first year as a teacher. Until I have the time to do all that, I'll have to make do with just a short post on what's been happening.
My co and I spoke on the phone two nights ago analyzing our year. We both said that there was so much there we would've liked to still do, but we both agreed that even if we had another year to do everything in, it wouldn't get done. We were busy to the fullest possible extent this year. It's not because we were lazy that things didn't get done. I think that all readers of this blog can attest to that.
The secretary called me about 10 times to do my rating cards. I didn't pick up the phone and let her leave messages instead. I took my sister to the mall yesterday, and didn't go into school. It felt great to do my own thing for once.
My co's engagement was beautiful. She looked radiant, and I made her a nice present that really went over well there. I had made her an album and created cards with road signs on them. The album was called the "road signs to life book" and her friends all had to write messages for her on the cards based on the road sign the card had on it. I made 60 cards; they were almost all done by the time the night was over.
I spoke to my Hebrew cos at the vort, and they also had left the year with sour tastes. We walked home together and we discussed what in the school made the kids this way. It's a long discussion that we'll still need time to finish.
A girl I know from high school called me up for my take on the school; she had applied for the seventh grade position for next year.
I told her everything negative I had to say; I think I scared her off. In a way I meant to (MWAHAHAHAH!) but really, I just would feel so bad for anybody who had to go through all that. It is a catch 22 for this girl, and for any girl out there, because all the schools want teachers with experience, but no school other than this one is willing to give a teacher her first break into teaching. That's why a lot of girls, my self included, end up teaching in schools like these.
I gave this girl my blog address, I hope it helps her make up her mind.
I'll be back another time to finish up my thoughts on this year.
I'll of course try to keep this blog up next year for all you loyal fans out there, and even over the summer you can keep checking back to read some posts I'll be writing just to keep you updated.
Have a great one!

No comments: