Thursday, November 09, 2006

Hats Off to Me!

I wore a hat to school today.
I was waiting for this since last year, and now that this school lets the teachers wear hats; I wore a cute little cap all day.
The first that happened, was that the principal came over to tell me how cute I looked in a hat. I had to call my husband and tell him that. He had such nachas. He loves this school too.
The 8th graders were very quick to tell me that I looked good and they all wanted to take pictures of me.
The five sweatshirts that were damaged were finally sent back to me today, and the seniors were so excited to get them. And to top it all off, the company felt so bad about the damaged stuff; they gave me $25 off my next order!
8th grade voted on a maroon print leather cover for their yearbook today, and I printed out ad blanks for them to get on Monday.
They took a history test and all got in the 90's. I'm so proud.
The seventh grade manages to get me off track no matter how hard I try to keep to what I have to do, and today it took us an hour to get through history.
After that I read them some funny headlines I had collected for them, and promised to bring in because it connected to what we had done in current events last week.
I also brought in an imitation Kipling bag to show them what a knockoff looks like. They were all very impressed. LOL
I began teaching them about persuasive essays, and S.E. put on a good show trying to persuade me (who was playing her mother) to give her her own room.
Talking about S.E., my co told me that during lunch, she was outside in the lobby reading a book. She refused to come in to lunch saying that Hebco had let her sit there. My co told her that once Hebrew is over, she was the authority, and S.E. had to listen to her. S.E. refused.
I went upstairs and asked Hebco why S.E. was allowed to sit in the lobby. She told me, "Oh, because she was in a bad mood, so I let her go chill out."
I asked her if she was aware that it was against the rules and that it was causing S.E. to be chutzpadik to my co.
Hebco just shrugged like she didn't care.
Argh. She is annoying me to pieces.

No comments: