Thursday, December 14, 2006

Average of My Day

I'm way too sick to type too much today, but I wanted to write that both classes did amazingly well on their tests today.
The 8th graders kept coming over to ask me if the test was hard, and I told them that it was, and then refused to answer anything else, as I was too ill to focus much.
The 8th grade literature test was very hard, and I was sure that they were all going to go home crying today.
I didn't mean to be a hard teacher, but I wanted to challenge them into thinking about what they had learned; I didn't just want them to spit the story back to me.
I gave them quotes from the stories and had them tell me what literary techniques were used.
They did surprisingly well, and I had a couple of hundreds.
M.S. was crying because she couldn't remember how to draw a plot diagram, but she got a 99 anyway. I could've slapped her for having driven me so nuts all day. :)
In 7th grade, I gave what will probably be their hardest test this year. They also did phenonminally well. The class average was a 92.
I spoke to the principal about talking to C.S.S. again, and she gave me the number of her social worker to call. I can only call her after 10, and even though its only 10:30 now, I dont have the energy to call her right now. I will call her Sunday though, or even after Shabbos.
I'm looking forward to getting tomorrow over and done with, and then I'm going to Tylenol PM myself through the weekend. I still haven't found a sub, and I'm just hoping that by the time I wake up on Sunday, it'll all be taken care of.
*Fingers crossed*

No comments: