Friday, September 09, 2005

12th Grade

I was even more nervous the morning of the second day of school.
I guess I already knew what I was facing and that scared me. I spent the entire morning with a tremendous stomach ache. (I later discovered that this was to be a daily thing, I got nervously nauseous every morning.)
I made it to school, finished a literature story in each class, did some history, and let them go for the weekend.
Then came the hard part, 12th grade.
I ran down to the principal, approved a stencil, had it copied and barely made it to class before the bell rang.
I walked in to teach a class of girls who were all twice my height. Even when they were sitting they were intimidating.
I wasn't as nervous as I expected to be though, I just started talking. Problem was, the class didn't seem to be very responsive. It could've been just because they were tired, it was the first day of school for the high school, and it was already 4:30, they'd had a long day. I hope it was that.
20 minutes into the lesson, I was totally out of what to say.
Well, not really, If you get to know me, you get to know pretty quickly that I always have something to say. So I bluffed. I spoke for 45 minutes. By the end of the lesson my head was spinning. I didn't feel that great about how the whole class went, and I am totally dreading next week.
I think, no I know, that I bit off more than I could chew.

No comments: