Sunday, October 09, 2005

Start of a Crazy Week

Sunday again. It's just a weird day.
We had another balanced literacy teacher's meeting, and of course, we weren't notified. So my students took 10 minutes to write a journal entry, and then they ran around the halls for an hour until we were dismissed.
Then, during recess, I found out that, guess what, I wasn't going to be teaching Monday. All the girls schools were having a Yom Tefila Monday afternoon because it was three days before Yom Kippur, and so that left an hour for teaching when we came back.
My problem was that the science teacher was giving a science test Monday, so that didn't leave me any time for the history review I planned on doing with the classes before their test on Tuesday. Great.
I walked into class after recess, took everything I planned to do with my girls and threw it out the window.
Instead, I told them all to take out their notes, and I spent a half hour in each class rushing through my notes, and telling them what they should be having in theirs for the test.
I was speeding through the material, trying to get everything in before the bell, and starting to get a little hoarse, when the principal walked in to observe my class. Oh Yippee!
So far, I have been the most observed teacher in the entire school. And every time, the principal walked in, it was at a bad time for me.
I just wanted that bell to ring so that I could run home and go to bed!!
I think Murphy's Law should be changed to have my name in the front of it.

No comments: