Thursday, November 17, 2005

End of the Week

...And Thursday is the day where you just want to jump into the weekend, so you have absolutely no patience dealing with school.
My students were off the wall today. But I was nuts too, so it was ok.
I came into class, and the girls were trying to fix my desk. It appears that some screws had "fallen" out (with the help of my more devious students) and the desk was now standing on three legs.
No surprise to see that after everyone had returned to heir seats, C.K. still felt that she had to personally support the desk. She got a personal invitation, and we started our crazy day.
7a had prepared chalk, some flowers, and a stick (so that I could point at the map which is too high for me to reach) on my desk. They also left the lights off so that I would be convinced to give them some rest time.
Unfortunately for them, no such luck.
I actually managed to get really far today. We covered a lot of ground in History, and I think that after their test on chapter two next Wednesday, I'll be ready to give them the test on chapter three.
I have a feeling the principal has it in for me now. I don't think she took that conversation we had yesterday very well....
I got my planbook back today, and the principal commented on it. She wrote, "Your plans are very sketchy. Please see me so we can discuss ways to make your book more understandable."
One second here....is she forgetting that she's talking to master of detail here? I mean, would I take the time to write a blog if I were a "sketchy" writer? I have one word to say:
"BLLLLLAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!"
There, I feel better now.
My twelfth graders gave great speeches. I had a great time with them, and believe it or not, I can't wait to go back in next week.
Oh, wait. Next week is Thanksgiving. My husband has no work then because Thanksgiving the market is closed.
I wonder if I can get away with pretending to be sick...Or will that be too obvious?

No comments: