Monday, November 21, 2005

"Nosenseday"

I was pretty confident today. I looked good, I felt good, and it was raining. (Don't ask, I just like rain.) Because it was raining, I wore a pretty pair of booties, nice and conservative, but still different and pretty.
I felt so good in the morning, I knew it couldn't last.
And it didn't.
The principal again. She took one look at my boots, and made a face that could kill. Now I'm lucky that the principal has this policy not to make you feel stupid in public, because I was surrounded the entire day, and she didn't have the opportunity to tell me something.
I have this feeling that she thought I was too pretty to teach in her school. I guess if you want to be a teacher in this school, you have to give up all femininity. Or, it could just be that she's picking on me!!
I know this sounds babyish, but this principal has a reputation for doing that- picking on her teachers. (Especially someone like me who refuses to bend to her mind control.)
I was happy, I taught a nice amount today, and I spoke to some girls.
My history test is on Wednesday, and I had to talk to S.F.F. about her taking an easier test, and M.L. who also needed one. I thought that B.G. could use some notes, but she didn't need an easy test, so I arranged some notes for her too. S.G.L. had a problem with last test. She gave back a blank test.
I spoke to her mother last time, and we arranged for her to take the test at home. She had it for three weeks, and when I asked her to give it back, it was still blank. I definitely had to talk to her too.
Of course, being Monday, my planbook was collected again, and I didn't have a plansheet for myself.
In the middle of class, I suddenly blanked out. I finished teaching everything I had planned for today, and I wanted to go on to something new, but I had no planbook to refer to. I improvised, and it worked out well, but I was so mad. Who am I writing a planbook for? Myself or the principal?
If you want to see it, look it over and give it back! But no, she takes it Monday and gives it back Thursday!!! Hello? Is there anybody in there?
Everyone is convincing me to start looking for another school to teach in next year. I don't really know if I want to, but this isn't the way things should work.
At least not according to my logic.

No comments: