Thursday, November 03, 2005

Sunshades

7a is really shaping up.
I don't feel like I'm pulling teeth anymore, and I'm actually starting to look forward to teaching that class.
Yesterday, we even joked around so much, I barely managed to finish the material I wanted to cover. And I thought the other class was the slow one!
Anyway, I noticed that 7a had this big problem with their windowshades. The shades are way too thin, and I find the most of the girls end up squinting, and moving their seats around, to avoid having the sun in their eyes. It's a big distraction, so I commented that we had to take a vote in class to decide if we should ask the school for better shades, or just invest in good sunglasses.
So today, when I walked into class, a whole bunch of girls were wearing sunglasses.
I am so proud, I can't tell you. These girls are developing a personality!
And by the way, I had my own pair of shades in my teacher's bag, I planned to wear them into class, but when I heard that my students thought of doing it on their own, I let them have that moment of glory all to themselves.
Today was a 12th grade day. I was surprised to discover that these girls were actually taking my class seriously enough to have started to prepare speeches(!)
We spent the lesson finishing up the speech we had started before Yom Tov, and that took until the bell rang. I spent an extra two minutes telling them about the speeches for next week, and that was the end of my very loooooong week!

No comments: