Sunday, December 04, 2005

Snow!!!!

It began snowing at about 5am this morning. Don't ask me why, but I wasn't sleeping. I actually went and woke my husband up so he could come to the window and watch the snow fall. Being that he has some sense, he remained in bed. I, however went to all the windows in the house to see how the snow looked from different views.
I know, I'm still a kid at heart.
So basically, I went to school on about 4 hours of sleep. I'm getting the feeling that this is becoming my Sunday morning routine.
I must've called the school a hundred times, full of hope, believing that school would be cancelled for an inch and a half of snow. No such luck.
School was annoying as anything, the girls were antsy, and I was tired.
I had a funny experience in 7a though.
We were discussing how hard it was to make journey in the olden days, and of course, G.S. claimed it wasn't so hard. She was convinced it would be fine to wear her whole wardrobe one on top of another, and then she would always have what to wear.
So then I asked her where she would carry her food and provisions. She was sure it would be no problem to carry them.
I called R.R, T.K, and S.J. up to the front and I had them all bring their coats and scarves too.
S.J. was the smallest of the bunch and I had her put on her coat, hat, gloves and scarf. Then, I had T.K. put her coat on top of S.J.'s. R.R. then helped S.J. into the third coat. By this time, not only was the class in stitches, S.J. couldn't move.
I then had to give her food and supplies, so I packed up my heavy teacher's bag and placed it on S.J.'s shoulder. With this new addition, S.J. toppled over. Literally.
I thought the class got the message, and G.S. as well, so I asked S.J. to please take off her layers. She was crying with mirth as she told me that she couldn't move to take everything off.
I could barely keep the class under control, much less keep a straight face, as I asked R.R. to help her out.
R.R. had the guts to ask if she could take a picture of me first, and I agreed. I stood next to S.J. and R.R. snapped the picture.
I was happy for S.J. I know she likes me and I think the attention was good for her.
The bell finally rang, and I dashed out of there as soon as I could.
I realized as I passed the principal when I was leaving that I made a mistake by wearing my knee high boots today.
She gave them a once over, and by doing that she basically gave me a look that said, "Now that I know you have regular boots, you can't get away with short ones anymore."
Oh well, she has much to learn about me I'm afraid.
P.S. I just got a call from a third teacher who wore booties today. She said that the principal gave her boots "the eyes" but she didn't say anything.
I'm left wondering, did my speaking up to her work, or is it that she only wants to torment me?

No comments: