Monday, December 12, 2005

What a Day!!

My day was nuts!!!!
I was waiting all morning for a phone call that never came, so I kept my phone on all day in class. I was nervous and jumpy, just waiting for it to ring but it didn't until 3 pm.
When it did, it was with the good news I had hoped for, my niece (who is my age) became engaged!
My students had a field day when I picked up the phone in class, but I managed to keep them learning whatever I had to.
I had introduced the history project to them last week, and they were having a lot of fun with it. I gave them a lot of free time today for the projects so that I could sit down and digest my wonderful news.
I also began marking some of the things I needed to get done, because I believe I have a busy night ahead of me. I feel like a little kid, I'm so ready to jump up and down and make a fool of myself!
But the truth is, I'm really under a lot of pressure right now. We have report cards coming up, my rating sheets have to get handed in Sunday, and I have family matters to deal with as well. I didn't begin to fill in the rating sheets or do any comments on the report cards, I didn't even finish marking all my "Letter to Selves."
Pressure is an understatement.