Thursday, January 05, 2006

Lost

I had gotten an index card Wednesday that had no name on it. All it said was, "Why do you hate me?" I spent a while trying to figure out who it could be from, and I automatically assumed that it was from S.G.L.
The only problem with that theory was that S.G.L. had given me a card that did say her name on it, so I was confused.
I spent the night thinking about it, and I wrote a pretty long response on the card.
I told the girl that I didn't believe I treated anyone in a way to make them feel that I disliked them, and that it would be a shame for anyone to have to sit through the rest of the year feeling like I had something against her.
When I came to school today, I held up the few cards without names, and it turned out this card belonged to C.O.
Of all people, I didn't expect this to be hers!
She didn't come over to me, but I did mine. As soon as she's ready to come talk, I'm open.
I'm just pretty confused now.
I wasn't involved in the whole meeting we had with her mother. I was going to speak to her separately, but in the end we agreed to drop it. So now, if she's really trying to start off fresh in the second term, what's she doing bringing up first term issues?
The workings of a seventh grade mind...
By the way, S.G.L. didn't bother to raise her hand even once during my lesson. I guess she doesn't care all that much about that honor roll.
Funny thing is, my co told me that S.G.L. did raise her hand in her class. I hate to have to spell things out for people.
She can raise her hand all she wants in my co's class, but if she doesn't do it in mine as well, no honor roll. She has to understand that we work together. I'm at a little bit of a loss.
Thank goodness for the weekend.