Thursday, January 26, 2006

Not T.K. Again!!

A problem with T.K. means a test day.
I gave out my history test, and T.K. made faces and began "kvetching" about how hard the test was. I refused to help her out until she actually looked at the test and tried to answer the questions.
By the time she looked at it, it was 5 minutes to recess. I called her up to my desk, only to find that she hadn't bothered to fill in a single answer.
I asked her if she was trying to play some sort of joke on me. I told her to ask me a specific question, and that I could help her with that. I couldn't fill in her entire test for her!
I told her to come into my class after recess so that I could sit with her and explain the test to her.
She refused.
She handed in an empty paper and put her head down on her desk.
I called her mother.
Her mother was actually about to call me!
We spoke at length about T.K.'s attitude, and I offered to let T.K. take her test at home for now.
She would have to work on the attitude, and then we would try to figure out a way to help her on tests.
We both hung up happy.
I finished marking all those tests and I am amazed.
It was not an easy test and the girls scored beautifully!
The class average in 7a was 95% and the average in 7b was 98%!
I will most definitely have a good weekend!

No comments: