Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Discouraged

Test again.
I've learned to dread giving tests. The girls get so bratty, whiney, and frustrated, that it really wears me out.
I had to give L.K. a minus, and I was tempted to do the samw for R.H.
S.G.L. and R.R. didn't study, and they'll be taking the test tomorrow. I really ought to fail them.
S.F.F. was absent yesterday, but she managed to study anyway. I am so proud of her.
T.K. totally took advantage of me, and I HATE her attitude!! She made me go through recess answering her questions, and at the end, she had 3 left.
I was not going to answer those questions, and I demanded she give in her test.
She refused becuase by leaving out 3, she would start off with a 94.
I smiled and told her that if her paper wasn't in my hands within 5 seconds she'd fail.
After an entire day of answering questions, the principal came over to request I saty at a short meeting to discuss the picture books I'm supposed to have my students write.
The short meeting took 2 hours.
I just got home.
I didn't get a chance to put my stuff away yet. My coat in on the back of my chair, and my briefcase is on the floor. I am so angry.
I wasted 2 hours of my time in this meeting, and I still don't understand this project. I spoke up a few times, and asked questions, but the principal either avoided them, or answered vaguely. I cannot go into my classes now, and do this with them. I seriously can't handle this.
I am tired, upset, hungry, and I have ton of things to do. I don't know where to start, so I came here.
Now that I vented, (sort of) I guess I'll go mark tests.
Starting to make supper at 6pm isn't something I can do. My husband will just have to bring something home.
I called other schools this morning, but they all told me to call back in a few months.
I feel so discouraged.

No comments: