Monday, March 27, 2006

Meetings and Messes part 2

I'm back, and I'm so upset at S.G.L. I had given her a chance to retake a test she had failed, and after spending an hour outside of my classroom today, she handed in an empty paper.
I didn't look at it until now, and I'm shocked. I honestly thought that she would do well. She wrote a long note about how she called her parents from school and that they told her not to take the test. I have no choice but to fail her, and her parents are encouraging it.
I wrote her a letter telling her that I am disappointed because I knew she could do well. I hope it gets to her. She wanted to know how upset I was about her not retaking the test, so I wrote in the letter that she had missed the point.
I can't believe that S.G.L. is so out of touch with reality that she thinks I wanted to give her this test. I explained to her that I only let her retake because I wanted her to do well.
I'm taking the night off because my husband yelled at me for killing myself over school. He wants me to chill out a bit and leave all the unimportant things for later.
I believe he's right. I must learn to "chill out" a little. I haven't been taking much time for myself lately. I'm going to take a break.

No comments: