Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ink, Approvals, and Two Weeks Notice

I spoke to the principal about getting paid for the ink cartridges I used for the newspaper, and surprisingly, she agreed with me completely.
While she was in a good mood, I spoke with her about S.G.L. and her test and the letter I was giving her. She gave me her two cents, and then, as I was about to leave, she asked me what my plans were for next year.
To tell the truth, I was unprepared to answer her. I knew what the answer would be, but I didn't know how to say it.
"The truth is," I told her, "the sixth grade only has one class. That means that I'll be teaching only for an hour and half a day next year. I do have to begin looking around for a job that would fill the other part of my day."
She nodded and told me that she didn't expect anything else. I told her that I didn't know whether I'd be able to find a job for just an hour and a half or if I would maybe find a full day job. The principal said that she understood and asked if she had permission to begin looking for a replacement just in case.
I'm planning to leave no matter what, and I think she knows it, even though I didn't say it. I said that she had every right to go out and look for someone for next year.
It's a relief to know that I got that over with. I had worried about what it would be like to tell her that I was looking for another job, and it turned out quite well.
The day itself was pretty decent, the newspaper was copied, and now I'm back home typing.
It's actually my husband's Hebrew birthday tonight, and I'm really taking the night off!!

No comments: