Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Scrapbooking and a Nice Day

I decided to take my husband's advice and just chill. This morning I didn't get out of bed until it was almost 11. I was so calm, it scared me. Then, when I finally got dressed and spent a couple of minutes on schoolwork, we decided to go out for "brunch".
My husband and I celebrated his birthday by getting iced coffee and driving around the neighborhood.
I made it to school at a quarter past 12 and I was still cool. I got things done once there, and then I went down to monitor lunch. Half of the grade was not there because my co had taken the 7b class to the roof for finally winning their clean up contest. It was a pleasure.
I got a message that the principal wanted to see me, but then she told me to come to her recess time.
Believe it or not, I was still calm as anything.
I took the 7a first because 7b was still on the roof. We did a spelling test, and then the secretary came in to ask me if now was a good time for the art teacher to take over for 45 minutes and do scrapbooking with the girls.
I was so thrilled at the unexpected surprise.
I used the time to mark spelling tests and then after the class, I managed to teach an entire history aim in 15 minutes.
The same thing happened in the other class.
Turns out the principal also changed her mind about needing me so that was good too. Also, the secretary arranged for me to get paid for my ink cartridge.
My day was just great.
I spoke with my co after school, and she told me about G.S. Two girls in 7b, I believe it was C.C.K. and C.S.A., came over to tell my co that they thought that we were being too hard on G.S. They said that G.S. never really meant to do things to annoy the teachers, she was just naturally curious and that got her in trouble. When she got in trouble, she would do something else to prove that it didn't bother her when it actually did bother her very much. And that led to a cycle of misbehaviors.
I didn't mind going easy on her, but I thought that it was awful cute of those two girls to take responsibility for G.S.'s well being. Very cute.
S.G.L. and M.R. broke up and now C.O. became S.G.L.'s new friend. We are all against this friendship, but we agree to give it time to play out.
M.R. was the one who dumped S.G.L. I think she was right in doing so, even though it was probably her mother behind it all.
Problem is, now C.O. and S.G.L. are really antagonizing M.R. and turning the situation into big politics. My co is caught in the middle of all this.
My co tutors S.G.L. and recently began doing M.R. Tonight, Mrs. O. called my co to ask her to tutor C.O. My co was not happy, but agreed to do it once on a trial basis.
We have a huge feeling that C.O. is only doing this because of S.G.L. She is not a stable girls and tends to copy her friends. Her problem is that she has a new friend every 6 weeks.
We spoke to the principal, and my co brought up that S.G.L. was only hooking onto C.O. so that she could get close to C.O.'s friend M.L. who is part of the g.o. and a wonderful girl in general. The principal was not for the friendship, but agreed to let it ride for a bit.
She asked us to keep an eye on what was going on as well as the situation we had with the crushes girls were having on boys. C.O. was in the middle of all of it, she crushed a boy in a well known choir, and it became a class joke. The principal didn't want to make an issue because the thrill had died down a bit. She preferred to have us keep an eye out for it.
All in all, I had a cool, calm, and collected day.
Looking forward to many more!

No comments: