Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Pay Raise

I got to thinking. I'm working really hard, and to tell you the truth, half of what I'm doing wasn't even outlined in my contract. For example, the newspaper.
My contract was exactly two lines long. It said nothing about newspaper, nothing about dress code, and nothing about dealing with an idiot of a principal. I really have every right to demand a pay raise.
But I have no guts. And besides, what'll I get anyways, an extra $25 a month? For that kind of money, I'm not going to bother asking. But then again, do I want to keep working like this for nothing?
I spoke to the other teachers about this and they all agreed that I better ask for a raise.
But don't be fooled by the title. I'm not getting a raise any time soon. I still have to work up the nerve to ask.
I had an amazing lesson in the 7a class. I flew through history, and I got half of chapter eight done in the novel we're reading.
I was worried about getting it all done in 7b, but I did it. Whew. But I don't think I'll get my hopes up for tomorrow.
Tomorrow I plan on doing writing all day. Between a minilesson on revising and having them actually revise, I think it'll take up a lot of time. Whatever time I have left, I figure I'll do a history review.
The newspaper girls are hard at work on their next issue. I'm already dreading all the typing. But slowly I'm learning that I can't control everything and everyone. The girls will hand in the articles next Tuesday, and until then, worrying won't get me anywhere.
"Worry is like a rocking chair; it keeps you going, but gets you nowhere."
I need to put that in big, bold letters in every room of my flat. I should listen to my own advice once in a while. LOL
I haven't had a moment to breathe ever since I got home today. Between preparing new lessons, making up the "easy" history test, making supper, running out to a wedding, helping out another teacher, and blogging, I'm starting to feel just a tiny bit drained.
Having my first cousin's wedding tomorrow, an all night affair, doesn't make things any easier for me.
I think I need to take a lesson from my computer.
It's 12:30 am now, I'm gonna crash.

No comments: