Monday, March 20, 2006

Newspaper Again

We had a meeting this morning about whether or not the girls should put out another newspaper for this month.
It's quite a busy time now with Pesach coming up and everything, and I wanted to give them the choice of putting it out, rather than pressuring them into it.
The girls were told to daven at home, and we had a meeting while the rest of the grade was davening.
The girls all voted to make the newspaper.
One the one hand, I'm proud that they're so determined to make this work, but on the other hand, I'm worried that it will be a pressure. I guess the only way to find out is to do it.
I told the girls that I would have to push back their deadline for articles because I had two weddings the week our paper went to print, so it would have to get typed earlier.
Still, the girls voted to do the paper. C.S. and R.S. who are in charge of the Pesach section seemed a little concerned about having enough time, but then they realized that most of their work was simple enough to be done in school.
Even T.K. wanted to print! She won't be here for our next issue, so she wanted to make one now. I'm surprised.
I assigned jobs to the girls and we agreed to send the reporters around tomorrow.
I have a feeling I'm in for a big headache.
Class time was great. My co and I decided to switch classes for the week. I took the 7a class first, instead of the 7b. It worked out so well. From now on we'll be switching for the week beginning every Sunday.
I had less time in the 7a class, which is perfect, because I always get done there very soon.
In the 7b I had ages more time, and I just managed to cover the work by the skin of my teeth. Yep, welcome to 7b. ...And then they still want to know why my co enjoys the other class more.
I began rushing through the book we're doing in literature. I finished chapter 7. We're now halfway thought the book. I need to finish it already, it's taking way too long.
History chapters are going really fast too. I'll be finishing chapter 9 tomorrow. I scheduled a test for Wednesday.
I spoke to the principal after school to explain to her that the girls voted for the doing the paper. I was worried that she'd have parents calling up to complain about the added pressure before Pesach, and I wanted her to be able to tell the parents that it was their daughter's decision.
I also told her that I scheduled a test. She sat me down and explained to me that I had to make my tests harder because on the rating sheets I gave in, the girls were doing extremely well.
The problem is, when my tests were harder, she told me to make them easier. Personally, I don't believe that my tests are that easy. Has it never even occurred to her that I might be a good teacher? LOL
I got home with the intention of quickly making up a test and then getting a room cleaned for Pesach.
At 5pm I had just finished the test. It took 4 hours. ...And I still wasn't satisfied. I printed it anyway, and refused to look at it again.
I can't be perfect all the time. And for this time, I think 4 hours is all I'm ready to give.
It is now close to 1. I had a cleaning lady over and between us, we got two rooms done for Pesach. I also got a lesson planned.
And now that I am nearly dead with exhaustion, I think I deserve a little break.
Good night!

No comments: