Thursday, March 16, 2006

What a Drag

Back to school after three days of vacation is a drag. Especially if it's also the last day of the week for me. Blah.
My co was in a Board of Jewish Education meeting in Manhattan, so I had to take both classes for the first part of the day.
Surprisingly enough, they were very well behaved and I got an entire aim in history done with them. I was thrilled.
I was about to start literature, when my co walked in. We agreed to split the classes now for the 45 minutes left until recess. I would take the 7b until recess, and then after recess I would take the 7a for literature for 45 minutes. For the remaining 45 minutes of the day, my co was to put them together for math.
It was a great plan for me because I got 45 minutes free.
I walked into the 7b class, and before I could even say, "Open you books", they bombarded me with questions about my family. They wanted to know who was who when they had come on Purim.
Some girls were shocked to find out that my brother was actually a boy, they just thought he was one of my sisters.
We got off topic in literature as well. H.W. somehow got me telling them how all young married couples end up having more junk than actual food.
It was a fun class, but I was dreading getting way ahead in the 7a class.
I didn't have to worry. I had less time there anyway, and all they wanted to talk about was how they hated being put together with the other class, even during Hebrew.
Interesting discussion, that was.
I used my 45 minutes free to watch a DVD I was planning to show to my public speaking class.
12th grade was so excited when I walked in with a laptop. They were like little kids, scrambling to find a spot on the floor. I sounded like my mother trying to tell them to move back or they'd ruin their eyesight.
I heard that one of my 12th grade "kallahs" had broken their engagement. I couldn't stop thinking about it. She was even sitting in class with everyone else as if life was completely normal. I was so hurt for her.
By getting engaged she had taken a step further than the rest of the girls in her class. That in itself was hard enough. But to then have a broken engagement on top of all that? I don't know how she's managing.
When the last bell finally rang I was so relieved. I've only been back one day, but I've been looking forward to the weekend just as much as any other week.

No comments: