Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Oh Yay, and Oy Vey!

I was so nervous this morning. I had not prepared for my model lesson a bit last night and I was so dead.
I didn't have a chance to prepare this morning either because I had a meeting I was supposed to go to. I took my notes along with me anyway just for some last minute prep.
I got to the school a bit early, and I was shocked when I walked into the new school's office and bumped into an old friend I hadn't seen in ages.
My mood quickly turned from there, as I met a couple of other girls I knew. I fooled around a bit in the office with them, and even took a peek at the class I'd be giving the lesson to.
Finally, the principal was ready for me to go in, and I confidently began giving my lesson. I stumbled a bit, and felt a little awkward, but I relaxed pretty quickly and got into the lesson. The girls were so participant and they were really yummy. I was debating the entire morning if I should just teach them my poem on the bill of rights, or do it in a song.
The girls were so cute, and they promised to sing with me, so we did the song.
I thanked them for being such a great class, and walked out.
The principal asked to speak with me, and told me that she was very impressed. She said that she had another model lesson tomorrow, and she would call me back by Wednesday or Thursday.
She offered me a salary 3 times the amount of what I'm getting now. I didn't even bother to ask for more. My smile lit up the room.
I spent time singing the praises of my co to her, hoping to get her open to the idea of hiring her...I'm doing the best I can to get my co a job together with me. I'm so selfish, but I want a good co next year!
I came back to my house hyper as anything.
I quickly signed on to messenger to update my friends on the current sitch, and I had a friend call me so that I could send regards from someone I met at the school.
I then had to run to school to teach my classes after recess.
I was so hyper. The teachers think that I forgot to take my Ritalin pills. I was smiling and laughing and jumping off the walls. I even had to laugh at myself!
After recess, my kids were as bad as I was.
The 7b class especially. (Surprise, surprise.) My co had to send out H.W. and I wanted to send out the rest of the class.
I have to do something about T.K. and L.K. sitting together, they're terrible! I also want to call T.K.'s mother about her attitude.
On second thought, I need to call all their mothers.
I stopped the class and held the door open for any girls who wanted to leave. That got the kids to shut up.
I said that if any girl was disinterested in my class, they were welcome to leave. I would not tell the principal, and I would not hold it against them. I wanted them to leave so that I wouldn't have to keep stopping my class.
No one left. They're stupid. I always took advantage of this offer in high school.
I made it clear to the girls that they had now all made the choice to stay and from there on if I needed to stop for any of them I would tell the principal and hold it against them.
That didn't stop T.K., L.K., L.O., R.H. and H.W.. I'm so at the end of my rope, I'm about to ask the principal to observe my class again.
I had made the mistake of telling the girls that if they were able to write the word "million" a million times, I would cancel tests for the rest of the year.
I've gotten complaints from every teacher so far. They've had to confiscate papers from girls trying to do it in middle of class. I'm mad. The girls have such nerve. My co had to confiscate papers from G.S. and I had to confiscate from R.S. H.W. L.O. and T.K.
My co also confiscated H.W.'s picture book.
I had an incident in class where R.H. mentioned something about taking pills to calm a person down. I was hoping R.S. didn't have to take pills, and know what R.H. was referring to.
I couldn't shout the class down so I just went with the flow, and then I dismissed them without telling them about their history test tomorrow. They went nuts. C.S.A. exploded. But other than that nothing else is new.
Oh, and picture books were due today!! Oh Yay!!

No comments: