Sunday, May 07, 2006

On Three Hours of Sleep

As you've probably been able to tell from the time on my last post, I went to sleep really late last night. Waking up on time today was no easy feat.
I had nothing planned for class, but I had massive allergies. The tree pollen count was up really high today and I totally felt it.
In literally a half hour I finished history in 7a and literature took less. I chatted with the girls about the current events lesson I had never gotten to finish with them, and the bell rang just in time.
L.K. in the other class kept trying to come over to me to ask me for permission to come into class, but I was very firm with her.
When I walked into class after recess, R.H. pretended to forget that I had told her to get a note form the principal, and I had to ask her to leave.
T.K. made a show of being miserable and edgy all day, and she only gave me her apology note after class, so I had no opportunity to embarrass her with it in front of the girls. My evil side feels left out today.
The small class was such a pleasure without R.H. and L.K. L.O. was out taking a test and G.S. was absent. My class was terrific.
My friend had forgotten that I taught on Sunday and she called me during class. My cellphone had just gotten a new ringer with the mission impossible theme song. Before it starts there is man saying "This phone will self destruct in 10 seconds."
My phone was really loud and all the kids jumped a mile. So did I actually! I was so embarrassed!
We finished history and literature as well, and then we had a little discussion on ambidexterity. The girls were complaining how their hands hurt after writing so much, and I told them that they had to learn to write with both hands to alleviate their problem.
The girls claimed that it wasn't possible to write with both hands. I took a piece of chalk in each hand and wrote the same word with both of them. I did it in English and in Hebrew. The girls were amazed. I think they'll stop the millions now and start becoming lefties.
Except for C.O. that is. I heard from my sister that C.O. had enlisted all the neighbors into writing millions for her.
The kid makes me want to scream.
She and S.G.L. have been acting out lately. My co and I are going insane from those two. We took the classes out to the yard to play some ball, and C.O. and her newest pal were just chatting on the side.
My co was so frustrated. And she has to go tutor S.G.L. today. I have to get her to post her thoughts on this blog.
I waited for an hour after school to talk to my principal to get my next writing lesson from her. She wants me to start tomorrow, but she never gave me the lessons. I caught up with her outside the building and she said she'd fax me the sheets later. I don't' trust her so I made arrangements to get the eighth grade teacher's notes on the same topic.
I know I'm almost leaving the school, but I still owe them another 6 weeks. Why do they have to be so hard?
NowI could use a nap, but I really must begin preparing for my summer job and next year.
It seems I won't be getting much sleep in this lifetime.

No comments: