Sunday, May 07, 2006

I Hate This Part Of My Job

I just got a call from T.K.'s mother. She's the typical mother you'll find in this school. Overprotective, always standing up for her "can do no wrong kid."
She was all upset that I had kicked her daughter out of my class. I thought she deserved it. She wanted to know what had caused me to throw her kid out of class. I told her and she defended her daughter like no tomorrow. I always wonder how these mothers are able to defend their daughters if they weren't there at the time of the offense.
I told her my side, and she said that her daughter refused to come into school tomorrow if she had to go see the principal.
I honestly didn't care, but as you can see by the timestamp on this post; it's very late and I just wanted to get her out of my face, so I asked her what she suggested her daughter do.
She asked if her daughter could write an apology note instead of seeing the principal.
I agreed, but I wasn't happy about it. I think T.K. needs to be put into line.
My husband doesn't get me. He thinks I should've sent the kid to face the music.
Whatever. This job is wearing me thin.
I hope that my new job won't be this stressful. I wonder if it's the school or teaching itself that stresses me out. I know that this is not an easy job. I just never expected a teacher with heart to have to give so much heart!

No comments: