Friday, May 05, 2006

Three Strikes and You're OUT!!!

My co was absent today. She left me to take care of the entire spring fevering grade. She had taken a day off from school because she was feeling under the weather and needed time to recuperate. Truth is, I needed that time too. But this school will never let two teachers of the same class be absent on the same day, and she beat me to it!
I hope she's feeling better, because my kids were HORRORS! I gave them my co's science quiz and her math work, and I had the principal drop by to keep my students in their seats.
She came in and then I told her that I had gotten the job. She seemed genuinely excited to get rid of me.
S.G.L. was called out of class for something and she came back in laughing. I told her that if she wanted to act this way, she could do it in the hallway. I think she's furious at me now.
I taught current events. There was big news going on now, and I wanted my students to know about it. We had a lively discussion where I thought I was going to lose my mind. R.H., T.K., and L.K. were so asking for trouble. They were sitting near each other and they kept disturbing my class.
T.K. in class 7a surprised me with a Microsoft power point presentation of her picture book. She wanted it to show during the book fair. The kid floors me.
C.O. wanted to know if my co would be tutoring her after school, so I told her to remind me after class to call her and see. She and S.G.L. were giving each other looks and turning around to look at each other the entire lesson.
After recess I attempted to teach history. I lost my patience halfway there, and kicked R.H. out. The principal was at a meeting so R.H. came back into class for literature even though she didn't have a note from the principal.
I warned the rest of the class that I would not hesitate to throw anyone else out.
T.K. and L.K. took me up on the offer.
I kicked them both out, and told all three of them that they were not welcome into my class without a note from the principal Sunday.
I totally don't care what these kids think of me anymore.
I'm so out of there.
Twelfth grade finished watching the film I showed them and then we discussed it a bit.
The girls were so involved in out discussion, they stayed through the bell.
Then they invited me to their Lag Baomer trip. It's an overnight trip up to a boys camp and they wanted me to come along and give workshops.
I have to think about it, but I sure had a great day.

No comments: