Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Rating Sheets and an Assassination

Ok, now that the title got your attention, we can go onto my day.
I taught for a half hour in each class today because the girls were taking a math final that took away some of my period.
In the half hour I had, I taught about Lincoln's assassination. The girls were all enthralled with the drama of it. That was nice; having them actually enjoy my lesson.
S.G.L. failed my final today, I have no idea what to do with her.
T.K. failed too, but after talking to the principal, we decided to giver her an option of either an open notes test or an easy test. I spoke to her mother, and T.K. will get back to me tomorrow.
My rating sheets are all done. I am just waiting for the marks of their critiques and their independent reading scores.
I have to do the comments tonight, but I'm not really up to it now, so I think they'll have to wait until tomorrow.
I found out that my classes will be going on a trip Monday, and that Tuesday is the last English day of school. That's a good thing.
Means that I have two days left to teach. Feels good.
Oh, and my new principal called this morning. She's so cool. Nice and laid back. We agreed to set up a meeting for the week after next. I'm excited.

No comments: