Monday, June 26, 2006

Still on My Case

I got a call today from the school again. The secretary and principal wanted to make sure that I had given in all the material the principal had ever given me. How annoying.
I had to call the principal back and list for her all that I had gotten and what I had given back. She also wanted me to go through every writing exercise I had ever done with my class. I made up some stuff and made her as happy as I could. Which, just like any other time, doesn't mean much.
When I was talking to her I got the creeps for a second. I had this thought that I had to please her or else my life would be miserable tomorrow in school. When I realized all of a sudden that I would never be teaching under her again, it was such a huge relief. I even laughed out loud. I'm so outta there.
I called my new school to set up a meeting, but the principal wasn't in, so I left a message and I hope she'll call me back tomorrow.
Other than all this, nothing much as far as school is going on. I'm preparing for day camp though, in a big way. For the next week, most of my time will be spent there just decorating, making up motions to songs, and sorting all the orders we made. After next Monday, anyone who sees me will be considered lucky. I'm seriously thinking of moving my mattress into my office. My husband doesn't think it's a bad idea. ;)
By the way, two days ago I got mail from T.K.'s parents. They sent me a nice thank you card for making their daughter's year so special. Like I said in my previous post, "A Teacher With Heart," things like these are what make us want to come back year after year.

No comments: