Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ugh! How Inconsiderate!

I finished my entire day's lesson in 20 minutes. I wanted to take them up to the roof, so I sent B.G. to ask the principal for permission. The principal said there was no way it was gonna happen.
Instead, we had some lively discussions about summer plans, graduations, and stuff in general. It all went well until recess time, but then I remembered that I was supposed to have the class again for 20 minutes after recess as well.
I sent two girls up to the principal again, but she said I had to come talk to her myself. I got busy with some kids asking about M.L.'s surprise goodbye party, so I didn't get to the principal until after recess.
I ran into her office and asked her. To my face she told me no. I told her that I had been a good girl and had finished the entire curriculum for her; the girls really deserved a treat. She just countered with the idea of having them write one last essay for the year. I was ready to punch her.
I walked into class and broke the mews to them. They were ready to punch the principal too. We threw around some ideas for a while, and then we began to play pictionary with history scenes. It worked out great.
My co sent M.L. in to me while she told the class the details of the surprise party tomorrow. I held M.L. up by writing a long response on the note my co had sent, and then I told her that she should give it to my co and ask for an answer. That way, she would have to come back, and I could keep her with me again.
During the time she was in my class, she kept kissing up to me and whispering in my ear if she guessed what the girls were drawing on the board. I recall writing something about her behavior November/December time. She can get me nervous sometimes.
In the other class we also got the curriculum done, but no surprise, I didn't have that much time to spare. I heard that the principal wanted to talk to the class about the party, so I sent M.L. to the office to get my rating sheets.
The principal came in to the class and basically told them the party was off until further notice. I had kids burst into tears right there. If they were ready to punch her before; they were ready to rip her to shreds now.'
I was frustrated too, but I had no time to sit and talk about it in school. My sister was graduating saludiutorian in her twelfth grade class, and I had to be at her graduation. I took a second to run to the office to get my rating sheets. (The secretary hadn't given them to M.L.) Turns out, that even though I had given my sheets in early, the principal hadn't bothered to look at them yet.
I gave it to her over her head. I told her she was really taking advantage of me. She answered that she could only do so much at once. "Well, you never seem to understand that when I say it to you!" I retorted.
She promised she'd be in school early tomorrow so that I could get the sheets then and do all the marks in the morning.
Hello, this means that I'll have to be pressured for time. These cards have to be given out Tuesday in school. No Monday night for me. Also, my co and I will have to do them together. We don't have time to switch off. My co is very busy now taking care of her engagement party, she has no time to sit with me after school tomorrow to mark report cards. I am so angry.
Oh, and by the way. I missed my sister's speech. I think that while I'm at it, I'll just blame it on the principal too.

No comments: