Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Finally!

I finally got in touch with the administrator of my new school! He was so nice, and took my message for the principal.
The principal called me back later that night. She told me that she hadn't contacted me because she hadn't finished making up the eighth grade curriculum. I laughed to myself at how laid back this place seems to be, but I told her that while that was up to her, I still wanted to prepare history lessons. She told me she'd call the administrator and let me know.
She called me back today, and told me that the administrator would open the building just for me on Sunday. She told me where to go to find all the books I needed.
I felt relieved as I was about to hang up, and then she quickly asked me if I was interested in taking care of the eighth grade yearbook; for more money of course.
That's a real change! More money being offered right off the bat! Wow. I'm so impressed. :)
I told her that I really had to think about it. The memories of my newspaper experiences are holding me back from saying yes.
I actually had the brainstorm of asking my sister to take the job. My sister just produced the most gorgeous yearbook for her grade, and I know she could do an excellent job for an eighth grade yearbook. Besides, she'd get to make money and I'd still do it with her. I just don't want the full responsibility.
My sister isn't sure, but my mother and everyone else thinks it's a great idea. I think if the principal will go for it, I'll manage to convince her.

No comments: