Monday, October 30, 2006

Sweatshirts!!!

My sweatshirts came!! The 8th grade was thrilled! We had a little problem with some damaged pieces, so I sent them back to the company and they promised to send them back within two weeks.
I wore my sweater all day because I was soo excited too.
The seventh grade totally keeps me on my toes these days. We learned to compare and contrast by doing a Venn diagram on the board comparing myself and my co.
The girls were so funny.
They were analyzing all my clothing and how I like to wear sweaters and zippers and how I have a million pairs of shoes compared to my co who wears suits and buttons and one pair of flats.
They were saying how I am soooo skinny, and I had a good laugh.
They went nuts to hear that their Hebrew teacher and myself lived on the same block as kids. I hope they don't drive her nuts.
I used the time I had while the girls were in their groups to test them on their reading levels. Most girls were on Y or Z, but I was shocked that C.K. was on R, a 4th grade level. And F.E. was on a 5th-6th grade level. B.B. won't be above a 3rd grade level if I know her. I have to finish testing by tomorrow, because I really have to start doing their groups by next week.
Aside for the problem of when to do all the groups, I'm kind of excited to start. I've been reading up on it a lot, and I got some really nice things to use for them. I hope it all works out.
I'm having a little trouble trying to make up a test for 8th grade. I'll be finishing their next chapter by the end of the week, and I need to give them a test. Problem is, the chapter is so boring, and the test that I was given by the book has all the info that I don't plan on teaching. That means I'm basically stuck making this up by myself.
Uch.

No comments: