Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Kids With Issues

I had gotten a message to call C.S.S.'s father, so I called him last night. All he wanted to know was how his daughter was doing.
I told him only the positive things because I had been told by the principal that C.S.S.'s parents didn't treat her the way they should be treating her, so I didn't want to get her into any trouble. I figured that I better tell the principal about C.S.S.
I did go to the principal today in school and she seemed a little concerned that C.S.S. had taken the seating chart, and she definitely seemed surprised that C.S.S. admitted it.
8th grade had a test today, and of course C.F.C. wasn't feeling well, so I told her to take the test home and give it to me Monday.
I'm upset because she does this to me all the time. She's afraid of taking tests and she always manages to get sick when I give one.
I must call her parents.
The 8th graders had a wonderful time talking to me after their test. R.S. wanted to know if she was allowed to write about what kind of boy she wanted to marry in her letter to self.
I laughed and told her that she could plan all she wanted but that it wasn't going to help her. I told the class about how I always said I would never marry a man with the name _____, and that's what I married anyway. They asked me why I went out with him if I didn't like his name, so I told them that I knew him before and that's why it happened by mistake that we went out.
I refused to tell them anymore LOL.
R.S. and D.Z. wanted to know of my husband's name was _____ (his name). I asked them how they knew, and it turns out that my little stinkers went onto Onlysimchas.com to check me up.
They are nuts.
T.B.N. also took the test home to finish; I told her to do it with her notes open. It won't make a difference to her anyway. She's not capable of doing well on the test no matter how much help she gets.
Seventh grade was slightly annoying today. I finished the chapter with them and scheduled a test for Tuesday which means that Monday I will get to show them Johnny Tremain.
I began doing their writing with them and I was more than a little frustrated. The girls are really lazy to think. When I was in school we were given a topic and you had to write about it no matter what. Here, these girls expect to get a new topic, or at least a lot of help, when they can't figure out what to write.
S.S. and S.G. drove me nuts asking for ideas and help writing.
I don't know how I'm going to get through to this class with their writings.
S.S. was passing notes all day to R.B. of all people and C.S.S. passed to S.N.K.
The new seating chart is not working out because the girls are way to heimish in this class. F.E. and S.G. were chatting all day, and I just realized that C.S.S. was sitting in the wrong seat. That may be why the seating chart didn't work out.
I have to talk to that kid.
I heard she told the resource room teacher that she couldn't do something because she had "issues".
No kidding.
I am so looking forward to vacation tomorrow!
I'm off till Monday!

No comments: