Tuesday, November 14, 2006

On My Nerves

Today a lot of kids got on my nerves.
B.K. managed to do it while I was cramming a lesson of history into the 8th grade. I realized that I had scheduled a test for next week but I hadn't begun teaching the material.
Anyways, B.K. managed to frustrate me by going ahead in the lesson and calling out everything I was about to say. M.S. was totally crying because she was so confused.
I finally had to tell B.K. to shut up and let me teach.
My co had the same problem with R.A. today. She had to call her over and tell her to shut up too. R.A. started crying and I told my co that R.A. could cry until tomorrow but she had to learn to let us be the teachers.
I have to figure out now how to write a comment about R.A.'s attitude and B.K.'s and N.N.'s without sounding too negative.
By the way, R.A. asked the same question on her index card as she has been asking for the last three weeks. She keeps asking me why is a dog a man's best friend. I got fed up and told her that I believed she had asked me this question befire and I had told her that I'd get back to her. I told her to trust me and not ask it again.
She irks me.
I gave aliterature quiz to 8th grade because I needed a mark for the report card and I have to say that they did well.
The seventh grade left me in a down mood because their persuasive essays were atrocious. I gave it to them over the head and then gave the essays back to them to rewrite so that I could mark them.
I marked them before and got a bunch of A's and B's. Even B.B. got a B-. She got a lot of help, but still.
Today in class B.B. asked me how to write a conclusion. I totally lost it and gave it to her. I asked her what she thought she was doing in my class as we had gone over conclusions about six times today. She got the message and then did a good job writing her own conclusion.
This kid is learning diabled and lazy. What a combo.
My co also gave it to her today because she raises her hand but then refuses to talk. I have the feeling that my co and I think alike when it comes to who gets on our nerves.
I regave the maps quiz today and I hate to say it, but I don't think they did any better today than they would have done yesterday.
I spent a few more hours on report cards tonight, and the only thing I have left to do is the 7th grade comments and one more 8th grade mark that I don't yet have.
I'm starting to get my life in balance.
I have to make a seating chart for both classes because the 8th grade has never been changed, and because Hebco totally messed up the 7th grade charts.
Last week she was all into the discussion about who should be friends with whom in 7th, but now she went and split everyone up.
I just don't get her. Does she just lie and shale her head to look good to the principals and then do what she feels like, or is she for real?

No comments: