Sunday, December 03, 2006

I Talk Too Much (part two)

Many eighth grade mothers didn’t come today, and more of them were in a rush because the B.Y.A. high school interview was today, and they all had to be there.
C.F.C.’s mother was very nice, and we spoke about how C.F.C. was trying hard to do well. I asked her about her bin sick the last two times we had tests, and she swore up and down that it wasn’t because of the tests. She was happy that I had made her take her last test at home, and that I wasn’t letting her get away with not taking the test because she was sick. It was nice talking to her; I can definitely see where C.F.C. gets her good nature.
D.F.’s mother was very cute and sweet, and we talked about hoe hard D.F. works and how independent she was even with her reading disability. Her mother seemed very hurt that her daughter was always categorized now, trying to get into high school, but I told her not to worry, because her daughter was so amazing, she would leave a great impression on anyone she met.
T.G.’s father was so interesting. He was wearing a light blue sweater and blue jeans and work boots. I asked him how to talk to T.G. about her calling out all the time. He told me she’d be responsive to a private chat; as she loved attention. …I sort of knew that already! I made sure to tell him to send her to a school with a great extra curricular program. She needs it!
B.G.’s mother didn’t come, but I think that was because of her interview in BYA.
B.K.’s mother was a little caught off guard by the way all the teachers kept telling her how her daughter kept calling out and teaching the class for us. She promised to speak to her about it.
I knew R.L.’s mother wouldn’t be at PTA because she had written me this loooong letter explaining about the BYA interview. I must write her a letter about how well she’s doing in class, because I know that her mother would really appreciate it.
T.B.N.’s parents attacked me as they came in. They wanted to understand why I wasn’t trying harder to help their daughter and they wanted to me to explain every single mark on the report card. I told them clearly that I was trying my hardest with their daughter, and that any advice they could give me to help her out more would be appreciated. They told me that they had no advice and that they were at a loss too. So I asked them if they were at a loss, what did they expect me to do?
C.S.P. must’ve had an interview today to, as her mother didn’t show up either. Maybe I’ll just call her mother to tell her how well she’s doing.
There was no mistaking R.S.’s mother. She looked just like her. She was so sweet and our conversation was pretty much all nachas. I told her that R.S. was always ready to make the class laugh, and that it was so much fun teaching her.
I very much wanted to meet M.S.’s mother because M.S. is such a bright and mature girl that I just had to see who her mother was. She didn’t come today though, and I’m adding it to the list of BYA interviews.
The other M.S.’s mother did come, and despite the rough time I had talking to her in the beginning of the year; she was very sweet today. She said that her daughter loved my class, and that she looked forward to every time we spoke about something chassidish. She was happy to hear that her daughter was participating more and doing better in class. Truthfully, I’m happy for her too!
I felt awkward with T.T.’s mother as there were only good things to say about her, so I felt like I was repeating myself over and over and over again. She didn’t seem to mind, and walked out happy.
D.S.W.’s mother was the first one I met all day, and it was all pretty much nachas. She did tell me though that her daughter didn’t like the back seat, and asked if I could change it. I said that I would definitely look into it.
R.Y’s mother didn’t come, and she’s one I really wanted to meet. Oh well.
D.Z.’s mother was another nachas visit, and again, it was awkward. Also, by that time, it was an hour after PTA was officially over, and I was drained. All I wanted to do was get out of there.
S.Z.’s mother didn’t show either, and I’m hoping that for all those moms who didn’t show, BYA will have a bunch of new students next year! J
I came home from school at about 1:30, and I started blogging this almost right away. It’s about a quarter to 6 now, and I still have a load of work to do for tomorrow; and I also have all those Letters to Self I have to begin marking….I’m set for the night!
By the way, I would never suggest going to PTA. Its all a bunch of made up stuff the teachers say on the spot to please the parents... :)

No comments: