Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Who ME?

I was called into the principal's office today.
She wanted to know if I was upset about the Shabbaton in the 7th grade, because I seemed to not want to be involved.
I was a little shocked and told her that I had no idea what she was talking about, and that even though I was against the idea of the Shabbaton to begin with, I was not going to let the girls see that.
She asked me why I wasn't getting involved.
I told her that I had a bar mitzvah that Shabbos and couldn't make it and besides, I was never told about the thing.
Hebco had known that she would not get our approval, so she did it without asking or telling me or my co anything.
I had to find out about it all from the girls. It's not a very good feeling.
I told that to the principal.
She told me that she had heard it from Hebco and the secretary in the office that I was deliberately not coming because I was against it.
I told here that I was appalled that that was the impression she had, and I asked if there was anything I could do to fix that.
I can't make it to the Shabbaton, but I would like to try and make it up to the girls. I have to get thinking on that.
In 8th grade I got an entire aim of history done, but not much else, as they wasted so much of my time talking.
I told them that because they wasted time, they'd have to finish writing their summary drafts at home for Thursday. They were upset, but they took it nicely.
I read them a poem I wrote that fit in nicely into what they had just learned in history, and they enjoyed that. As I read, I passed around some pi cures they had begged me to bring in. They were pictures taken during a surgery I went through, and they were excited to look at all the gory details. :)
R.S. told me that C.K. in my class last year had told her ALL about my life story, and I was so chilled about it. I told her that I was glad she found it interesting. She was flattered that I so did not care.
7th grade was hard today as I started teaching about the constitution. It's a complicated chapter and I tried to make it as simple and as uncomplicated as possible.
It took all day, but at the end of it, the girls could not believe how quick it seemed. It felt good to know that the lesson had gone well.
It had gone well for me too because R.A. was absent! LOL
The principal came over to me to tell me how much she loved the holocaust book I had started. I showed her what I done so far, and she was thrilled.
If she's happy, so am I.
I'm just mad at Hebco....I try so hard to do a good job; why is she out to make me and my co look bad?

No comments: