Thursday, January 18, 2007

Free Period

I took the bus to school today. It took an hour of sitting amongst the filthiest, loudest, low down dregs of the society until I got to school. It usually takes us 20 minutes in the car. :(

School passed so quickly today.

I only taught seventh grade today as the 8th grade had a mini convention and got dismissed early. Usually that would still mean that I had to teach till 4 as I teach the 7th grade from 2:30 till 4, but today my co was so nice and switched so that I got the free period.

I taught them about state and local governments and what each of them do. I explained to them that the Fire Department is a state organization but that we have local fire houses to deal with local emergencies.

So when you call 911, u reach a state dispatcher who sends you the most local fire company.

They wanted to know how I knew all this, and so I had to tell them about my escapades last night when I called the fire department to get some delivery guy out of the elevator. LOL.

Poor guy was stuck crying (yes, crying!) in the stupid shaft, and he was using his cellphone to call his wife and kids and lawyer with his last will and testament.

What I can't figure out is, if his cell was working in the shaft, why didn't he use it to call the fire dept? He waited 20 minutes for me to hear him ringing the bell frantically and for me to hear his crying so that I could think of calling 911.

I had 30 firemen in my building getting this poor delivery man out of the stuck elevator. There were three fire trucks blodking my street and about 5 police cars.

Must have been a slow night at the dispatch. I felt like such a stinker to have caused all this. :)

My class thought it was hilarious.

I dismissed them early because they had gym, so I only taught for an hour today.

So then I had to spend another hour on the bus again.

This time I was stuck with all the delinquents getting out of public school. It was a looong ride home.

Of course, I didn't get to do much last night. I made up two tests and marked the biographies, but other than that I am way behind.

Hopefully I can catch up tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

there are actually other guys that cry? yoish.