Friday, January 19, 2007

Utter Exhaustion

Late last night, about 12:30, I suddenly remembered that two people who usually grab a ride with me on Fridays had no idea that I did not have the car. It was too late to call them, and I worried that they'd be left ringing my doorbell at 8:20 the next morning when I'd already taken the 7:45 bus to school.

My husband is really coming around; he offered to drive me to school in the morning, and so that meant I got to sleep for an extra hour cause I didn't have to make the bus.

So this morning, we teachers were driven to school in this huge ugly white Dodge we got as a rental. One of the teachers put it very nicely; it looked like a funeral hearse.

Oh well, as long as it got us to school....

My aim today was to get away with as little teaching as possible.

In the 8th grade it worked beautifully. They took ELAs and I sat quietly and prepared for my sub.

The seventh grade was a little harder, but I finally got them writing literature response essays on their books, and while they tired me out with questions, at least I wasn't teaching.

I grabbed a ride home with one of the teachers who drives this outmoded station wagon that usually takes about 6 tries to get the engine running. There were so many teachers piled into that car; out rear bumper was scratching the gutter all the way home LOL.

Now that Shabbos is all done, I plan on getting a bit of a rest before I think of something else that needs my urgent attention.

Don't wake me up till Monday please!

No comments: