Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Celebrate!

I am not making supper tonight.

Actually, I'm not doing anything tonight.

I am all done preparing for my sub! The last two weeks have been crazy and I've been up all hours of the night lately trying to get her as prepared as possible, and now its done! I worked all last night and this morning to prepare an entire novel and I did it!

The principal is going crazy over how conscientious I am about all this. She is so impressed at the binder I put together for the sub.

I'm impressed with myself too! - I even called my husband this morning telling him that he's taking me out for supper tonight, I deserve this break!

I still have to give her a class list with a bit of info about each girl, but that shouldn't take more than 30 minutes for all the students put together. No big.

My sister came to school today to do yearbook for the last time until her wedding. Of course, photography left all their pictures at home so they couldn't do much more than just plan a spread, but layout and my sister got the dividers done on Microsoft publisher and they are beautiful! The layout girls took pictures of an American Girl doll all dressed up in different costumes and each picture represented one divider. It came out so professional.

After she left, I put the girls into groups for their biography projects. Its amazing how different these classes are from my classes last year. Last year every project was a pressure. This year, the girls look forward to them. The quality of what they end up with might not be a perfectionistic as the ones last year, but I don't care. The attitude the girls have now is so much more pleasant to work with. That's all that matters to me.

D.Z. gets on my nerves all day. All week really. She has this attitude that she is failing at everything and is a huge complainer. Of course she's the top student in the class, but she needs to complain all the time....argh.

I gave back the map tests the girls took yesterday. They pretty much did well, but R.A. got in the 80's. She must be devastated.

C.K. failed (so did A.S.) and she asked me to retake it. I usually don't let, but I told her OK. I would let A.S. retake it too, but I forgot to talk to her about it.

The seventh grade finished learning about what makes a person a citizen of the US and then they learned about their rights and responsibilities. I taught them that part of their responsibilities were to stay in formed (current events) so then I had them shut their books and we learned some current events.

They were so excited. D.A. is a riot. She has no idea who the vice president is in our country, and she had to open her history book to look it up. As she was busy with that, someone mentioned that Dick Cheney was our VP, and then D.A. piped up and said, "No! in the book it says his name is Richard!" She fought with me for a full 5 minutes that it was Richard and not Dick. Kid makes me laugh.

After class I was watching them pack up and my friend called in on my cell phone. She was the one the girls had been davening for, and I put her on speaker so that she could tell them hi. They kids were in 7th heaven.

I do have some small schoolwork to do tonight, but I think I'll save it for tomorrow morning. I want a real break.

Awright, I'm gone now...going to celebrate my free night!

No comments: