Thursday, January 25, 2007

Not a Snowball's Chance

Just an update on last night's celebration.

I had expected my husband to wave his magic bag of peanut butter to bribe me out of going to a restaurant and so I was ready not to break no matter how much PB he offered me. I was determined that no amount of peanut butter and no amount of chocolate would get me to give up on this night out.

I hadn't counted on the grilled cheese.

He got me to stay home for 2 grilled cheese sandwiches. I can kick myself.

Anyway, today in school the principal came over to talk to me about my literature sheets.

Yesterday she had been all amazed at all the work I had put in to preparing the sub, but today it turned around.

She was actually very nice about it as she told me that as she had been reading over the novel last night, she started thinking that it was G-dless and that it should not be taught in a Jewish classroom. I thought I was dying.

She felt bad having even given me the novel to begin with, and asked me to please consider doing another one instead.

She can't understand that I can't just do that. My aim was to do it all now; before vacation, so that my sub could have what to start with. I also wanted her to have it all over vacation so that she could begin preparing.

...And just to be selfish here; I don't want to work over vacation either!

I told the principal there was not a snowball's chance in hell I was even going to think of doing another book.

Instead, I offered to make this book kosher. I told her I'd find a way to put G0d in there and teach it from a Jewish perspective. And I did it.

The principal approved of it, and I just spent all night redoing all the essay questions. I'm utterly drained. As you can see from the time on this post; it's already way into the wee hours of tomorrow morning.

8th grade took their maps test today, but there is no way they are getting marked tonight. If I manage to wake up in time tomorrow, maybe I'll do them then.

I want to get all my marking in before vacation as well, so I'm going to push myself to the limit till 4 tomorrow.

After that, I sure could use the break!

7th grade learned current events and then played a history review game for their test tomorrow.

I have a feeling both classes are going to do poorly.

Oh bum. I could not care less. I just want vacation!!!

No comments: