Thursday, January 25, 2007

Is it 4:00 Yet?

I was dizzy from no sleep, and anxious for vacation to arrive, so I didn't even put on makeup for school today.

I went to school just to wait out the afternoon till it was over.

I gave tests in both classes, and enjoyed my free afternoon.

The 8th grade scored beautifully on the tests, but the seventh not so much. I even gave the seventh graders a plus one if they wrote on their tests what they planned on doing for vacation. Even with the plus, the average ain't so great.

I handed in the sheets that I had worked on till the wee hours, and I hoped and prayed it would be approved.

The principal came to talk to me during the seventh grade tests about the papers for the literature novel. She liked what I had done, but was still nervous about teaching it.

She was very nice about it all, and told me that if she chose in the end not to do the novel, she'd do all the preparation on a new one; she'd never ask me to do another entire novel after I had worked so hard.

While this is such an improvement over my last school, it still upsets me that I might have worked so hard for nothing. I'm happy that the principal took full responsibility here. I dread to think of what it could've been like last year.

The principal also told me then not to come back after vacation, regardless of if I'd had the baby yet. She told me that I was not to fool around with my baby's health. She wanted me to stay home and rest and call her with the good news. She said that I was more than prepared with my sub, and that I deserved to haev this baby without pressure.

What a change! I could've used a principal like this a year ago!

I stayed a bit late in school to finish marking the tests. I refused to go home and do any work. I was on vacation, and I wanted to go home free and clear.

I felt free as I got a ride with a teacher going in my direction, but when I came home I found a note that I had forgotten about, to call S.N.K.'s father.

The guy is a creep and quite weird if I may say so, and I was not going to call him now that I was on vacation. Come to think of it, I'm not going to call him if I can get out of it. I wont be back in school for quite a while, so hopefully I can avoid the guy for about 2 months now.

4 pm- Ahhh vacation!

Free and clear!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! GOOD 4 U!! keep us posted about ure vacation...and ofcourse the baby!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

DID U HAVE URE BABY YET?!?!
DID U FORGET ABOUT BLOGGING?
WHERE ARE U? HOWS URE VACATION GOING?!