Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Arrival of Jellybean

Vacation ended Feb 1 , and I was debating whether I should go back to school or just wait the baby out at home. I felt guilty not going in to school when I was sitting home just waiting to go into labour, but my husband refused to let me go teach.

So Thursday I had a free day while everyone was back in school. Friday was a Hebrew Friday anyway, so I didn't miss anything.

Monday was my sister's wedding, so I would have missed some school anyway because of the preparation time I needed for the event. I was in the hall all day helping out and getting ready.

At 11:30 that night, during the wedding dancing, my contractions started. My husband and I left the wedding early so that I could lie down and see if the contractions would go away.

They hadn't stopped 12 hours later, so though they were not painful, I went in to the hospital anyway.

I was kept overnight, and Wednesday morning I was given Pitocin to speed up my labour. The day dragged from 8am until (minus all the painful details) Jellybean was born at 7:22 pm February 7th.

He weighed 6 pounds 4 ounces and was 19 inches long.

By now he's a little fatter and he's getting cuter by the day KA"H. He looks just like his daddy, but has my mouth...(which when he learns to talk, might not be such a good thing!)

The bris will B"H be on time, and though I can't wait to name him, he will always be Jellybean to me. ;)

I feel great, and I would love to go back to teach for a bit, but I can appreciate the resting time I have right now. With all my midnight feedings, I sure could use the break!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAZAL TOV!!!!!!!! SUCH GOOD NEWS!!! THANKS FOR POSTING... KEEP US UPDATED ON THE NAME...AND HOWS IT LIKE TO BE A MOMMY!!!!!!
TAKE CARE OF URSELF!!!!

Anonymous said...

mazal tov such amazing news
when is the bris gonna b