Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I Need a New Car

In response to the comment I got on the previous post, yeah, the car was totaled. The front axle was snapped; the entire front of the car is gone, and its a huge mess that will take about 4 weeks to fix.

So today the teachers took a car service to work, and I just can't see myself doing this for the next 4 weeks.

Well actually, its just another 7 school days till vacation, and after that, I doubt I'll be needing the car to go to school for a while, so I just have to get through the next two weeks.

In school, I started making copies of all my history notes for the next three chapters in each grade. I realized that this baby might not be very considerate of the timing I'd like, and if it decides to make its appearance a bit early, I will be in a mess.

So I made a million copies and I began working on typing worksheets for the 8th grade on the new book I want the sub to start with the girls.

I want them to read "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. It needs to be censored, but I think it has a lot they could learn in it. The sheets I began working on are pretty detailed; I asked very intense questions and I plan on including essays and summaries as well. The sub will have more than enough work to do with them.

For the 7th grade, the sub will do her own short stories from the literature book, and she'll use the teacher's edition for any work she needs to give them.

I still need writings for each class to do, and I have to make up a song for all the countries and capitals in Europe, as they have finally finished learning the map of America.

I have a loaaaad of work to do for that.

The yearbook girls gave in about a million ads for me to type up, and I think I'm just going to dump it all on my sister. I don't care if her wedding is in a couple of days....she's the one getting paid for this job...not me. I don't mind formatting, but let her type it all.

8th grade was so rowdy today, I got dizzy 5 minutes into the lesson and didn't think I'd make it through the day. I had spoken to the doctor this morning, and while she didn't insist on bedrest, she didn't want me to be teaching either..... I'm not going to say anything...LOL

I almost did an entire aim with them, but I stopped early to review maps with them, and to talk to them about the second part of the ELA. The principal had actually prepared them for me to give today, but she had forgotten to leave me the article that the entire thing is based on, so that was out LOL.

The yearbook committees were all behind on their due dates for their spreads, and I'm hating this yearbook more and more every day.... :(

The teachers were all into why I was absent yesterday, and they told me that the 7th grade was convinced I had had my baby already. When the school told them that I had not had the baby, they all decided that I was in labor and that's why I was not there.... Boy, were they surprised to see me in school today!

I could tell they didn't think I'd be in school today, because no one knew what was flying during review. I'm sick of the kids in this class who are so learning disabled, all they can manage to do with my lesson is crumple it and use it as a pillow.

I was pretty harsh with some girls today who kept disrupting and who were just fidgeting to the point that I was distracted myself.

I know history is not the most interesting of subjects, but when they students manage to distract even the teacher, something is wrong....but I don't think it was with my lesson.

I marked a bunch of journals at the end of the day, and of course N.N. was there to disturb me with the important information that her father voted Republican and that her mother voted Democrat in the last election. It's all I can do to keep from screaming when that kid comes near my desk.

I missed a ride home, and my husband almost came to pick me up, but then another teacher went out of her way to give a pregnant lady a ride.... I feel like such a loser....I so need my car back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where u the one driving??? seatbelts...comon wheres the details?