Wednesday, January 10, 2007

No More Easy Tests

Hebco came to talk to me during lunch today.
Don’t get excited; she came to give me a test she had confiscated from C.S.S. I had given her the test to study from last night, but she was showing it to other girls during class, and Hebco took it away and warned me that other girls had seen it.
I’m upset with C.S.S. It’s not like I trusted her at all, but I’m trying to help her and she’s throwing it back in my face.
I called her out of class to talk to her, and she lied through the whole thing. She made it sound like she had no idea why Hebco took the test away. She tried to tell me that Hebco just walked over to her and took it for no reason. ARGH.
During recess, she asked for it back to study from, but I didn’t give it to her. I’m seriously rethinking this whole giving the tests in advance thing.
The 8th grade took the last part of their ELA practices today. They did moderately better on these than the ones I marked yesterday. I’m happy.
While they took the test, I relaxed and read a novel. After they handed them in, I debated doing some history, but instead, settled for some more quiet time and had them revise their summaries for the biography project while I read some more.
As they were revising, R.S. wanted to know what the abbreviation was for yemach shemo. I told her that it was Yud Shin Vav. I then told them that that’s why Jesus is called Yushka, because in the Gemara, he is referred to as Yasho- Yud Shin Vav.
That sparked a lively debate about Christianity. I’m going to be getting calls from parents I’m sure. LOL
Recess time C.F.C. came over to me to ask me some stupid question about where American Express credit cards were located. The entire 8th grade was outside waiting for the answer as if it were some kind of joke. I just told her I had no idea and ignored her.
Then the 8th grade sent her sister in to ask me the same question. I didn’t make an issue of it, but I was kinda annoyed.
The seventh grade did miserably on their tests. The class average was in the 70’s.
All the girls on the special test did terribly. I’m deciding not to give the tests in advance because their all failing anyway…S.G. got a 77. I hope her mother will be ok with that. She sounded so sad on the phone last night. I have to figure out a way to help this kid do well.
M.B. got an 80, and N.N. got a similar mark. F.E. got a 67 and H.B. scored a 47. I had warned the class that this was a hard chapter and that in order to pass they needed to study hard every night. Seems like no one cared enough to try and pass.
My 8th graders are taking yearbook pictures tomorrow, but I wasn’t told anything about it, so I have no idea if I’m supposed to dress up or anything. I’ll prolly end up looking like my fat hoggy self no matter what I do anyway…..*sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohhh stop... take the pics... so u can show ure kid... u in a size 2 lol....