Monday, January 08, 2007

Not Bad for a Monday

C.F.C. managed to annoy me before I even put my briefcase down in the office today. :) She came into the office to ask me if the history test was easy. I told her "no" with a real snobby look on my face, and then turned around to talk to some of the teachers.
I think I hurt her feelings a little, but she is a royal pest.
The test actually went pretty well. C.F.C. got on my NERVES. Every two minutes she kept raising her hand to ask one dumb question after another. She kept tellimg me to give her the answers and she got mad at me when I couldn't help her more than a bit. And then she still got a 92....
The girls kept asking the same questions over and over again. I finally banged the desk in frustration and yelled at the kids to listen to each other!
C.S.P. kept asking quesitons, and that surprised me, as she is such a bright girl. She did nicely on the test, but I was a bit surprised at the questions.
D.Z. is trying my patience with her "I'm for sure going to fail this test whaaaaaaaa!" act. She got 101 today, but gave her test in last. Ew.
D.S.W. was in tears today. She became very frustrated with a couple of examples. I told her to ocome up and I helped her out. She was so relived when I went through some of it with her. She got 100 in the end, but I didn't mind giving her the help. She hadn't been feeling well today and I think all that frustration was because of that.
M.S. panicked when she couldn't remember something for the essay, but I let her do it orally, and I gave her a 90%.
T.B.N. failed as usual, but when I marked her based only on what she filled in, she got a 77% with a star (for modified marks) of course.
I showed it to the principal and we both agreed that there wasn't really anything to do for her anymore. I think next test I'll let her do with open notes.
The seventh grade was a dream today. 4 girls were absent and it made my life so much easier. C.S.S., C.K., E.M.B. and N.N. were all out. My class was so peaceful. :)
The first thing I had to deal with when I got in was a barrage of questions about why I didn't come to their Shabbaton.
I was furious at Hebco. I had deliberately called her that night to ask her to tell the girls that I really wanted to come and explain to them that I couldn't make it. She never told them a word.
I told them that.
I told the girls to ask their Hebrew teacher why she didn't tell them that I was trying to come to their thing.
I know that Hebco will never tell this to the girls even if they ask, and it'll be her word against mine and I'm going to come out the lser here, but I was so mad, I didn't care.
Anyway, I got the last aim in history done for their test, and without C.S.S.'s constant interruptions, it went well.
After class I read to them from the read aloud, and R.B. told me that her mother had told her that the rest of the book was not appropriate.
I saw what she meant, as the book talks about a boy who almost could not get married because he didn't know if his mother had gotten a Get from her first husband before she had married his father. But the principal had apporved it, and I had spoken with her about it, so let these mothers call up if they want to...
EArlier in the day, I had a note in my box to call T.B.N.'s mother about a website. The principal was livid at this, and she came to tell me that she had spoken to me about the Internet already, so why was this happening.
I was so upset and hurt. I had no idea what website T.B.N.'s mother was talking about. Only after the principal went of for a while did I remember that some mothers had wanted my email address so that they could email me the text for their daughter's yearbook ads.
T.B.N.'s ad had been sent to me that morning, and I figured that her mother wanted to make sure I had gotten it.
I still have to call her, but I finally got the principal to get off my case.
Why is it that no matter how hard I try, somthing always manages to come up and make me look bad?
To end happily, my 7th grader's photo essays are nice. I'm pretty happy with the job they did this time.
C.K. wrote the most retartded story about a lady who was so busy she forgot her husband was sick and he almost died cause she forgot about him.
I'm cracking up.

No comments: