Saturday, January 06, 2007

What is She; G-d?

I refused to go to school Friday morning. I was upset all of Thursday night about what's been happening this week, and I didn't want to go to school.
I went anyway. :)
The 8th grade had an entire day for yearbook, and my sister basically took care of all that. I'm just a little upset that I'm gonna end up doing the entire thing.
I had to talk to the principal about the money for the yearbook ads and about another printing company I wanted to look into, and I could see that she had the whole telling off thing still on her mind.
I got out of there before she could find something else to tell me off about.
7th grade was a little shock.
R.A. got a haircut!!!! It must have been the first one she got in her life! Her hair before was always in a long braid reaching her behind ;). Today she had her hair cut short to her shoulders with a lot of layers and angles. I made sure to compliment her on her new look.
I had to talk to the class about their Shabbaton a bit, and I told them that I hoped to make it, but as I'm typing this, I'm getting ready to go to a bar mitzvah, and there's no way in the world I'm gonna make it over there tonight.
I did literature groups with the 2 slower groups in the class, and barely managed to get through the session without slapping C.S.S. She was so disruptive all day.
She kept interrupting with irrelevant comments all the time, and she did a wonderful job confusing everyone around her.
She decided to get everyone talking about dinosaurs when I taught them what the word excavation meant, and then things got really weird.
One girl piped up that there were real dinosaurs once upon a time. She claimed that Morah Hebco had taught the class that there were huge dinosaurs roaming around before the mabul.
I told the class that I don't know what they had learned, but this was a very disputed medrash, and should not be taken as fact.
D.A. got all angry with me. All she could keep saying was that "Morah Hebco said it, so it's true."
Ewwww. I hate when kids get so hung up on a teacher that they don't even realize how stupid they look.
Then, someone else piped up that Hebco had told them that in the times of the Beis Hamikdash there were centaurs and unicorns and all sorts of mythical animals.
What bothered me so much was that the girls were taking everything she had told them and treating it as if it were Toras Moshe Misinai. They literally think Hebco is a saint. And she is really being irresponsible by teaching them all these shaky stories and passing them off as the truth.
For the rest of the day, all I heard from the students was Hebco this and Hebco that.
I'm starting to have doubts that Hebco was behind anything happening this week. She only gets on your case if she thinks you may be a threat to her.
The way the kids make it sound, I'm not nearly a threat. I'm way out of the game.
My co was asked by the principal if she was planning on coming in for the Shabbaton, but my co gave it to the principal.
She said that it was all done behind our backs and over our heads, and anything done in such a manner was not something she wanted to get involved in.
I hope I won't get it on Monday for not showing up to the melaveh malka tonight.
Know what? I think I'm going to save my hopes for something realistic. This doesn't look like it'll be over anytime soon.

1 comment:

Thinking Outside the Box said...

*sends a truck load of hugs*

Glad it wasn't such a bad day lol.