Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Nothing Much

It's Monday and I feel bad about not writing since Wednesday, so I figured I'd sign in, even though there isn't anything much going on.
Well, Thursday, my twelfth graders began their speeches, and they were pretty good. I was really impressed. Now I'm just stuck with the troublesome task of marking them.
Basically, I have their marks, it's just that I feel horrid being only a year older than they are and giving them marks that are going to go on their permanent records. Sheesh.
Yesterday, Sunday was a regular Sunday. Didn't sleep well the night before, (that was due to a surprise anniversary party in my honor!) and I woke up sick in the morning. I had to rush to school, like every other week, and I basically managed to get through the day without hurting anyone.
Well, anyone besides myself.
During class in 7a, I banged my hand down hard on the desk as I was trying to prove a point, and I banged my hand right onto a thumbtack. I almost howled with pain!
I pulled the offending tack out of my palm, and nonchalantly commented to the girls, "NEVER EVER bang your hand down onto a tack. It hurts like crazy!"
The girls had a laugh, and of course, C.O. was the first to offer to go and get me a band-aid from the office. She's just a cute little attention seeker.
She also brought up the topic of cancer in one of my lessons last week. I think she was provoking me, trying to see how I would take it since she, as the rest of the class knew I had been sick. I took it calmly, it's not a big deal to me, and I didn't mention that I had been sick. I just explained her misconception and we went on with the lesson.
Oh, to add to my misery, the principal observed me AGAIN (!) in my 7b class. I believe this is the sixth time already! More than any other teacher in the school. I absolutely hate it when she sits in on the lessons. And when she interrupts to give her thoughts and to partake in my lesson. It's a whole lot worse! Someone should knock some sense into her! ...Maybe it'll even be me....Well, only after I leave this school!
Today was just like yesterday. I went to bed sick, and woke up sick. There was no sleeping late because my husband's grandmother died earlier that morning, and the funeral was at 10. I had to rush out of bed, prepare my lessons, (which I neglected to do last night) and do a bunch of household chores.
I came to school in another world, but somehow I pushed through a day.
I had spoken to R.H. yesterday about her behavior in class, and I did see an improvement, but I forgot to call her over and compliment her, because my head was somewhere else. But R.H. wrote a great persuasive letter to an ice cream company, so she'll definitely be getting some praise tomorrow.
She actually wrote the letter because I promised the class an ice cream party at the end of the year if we persuaded this ice cream company to make some of their products kosher. So R.H. being the type of person she is, went and began writing to them.
What a cute character!

No comments: