Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Almost Vacation

The truth is, vacation starts the day after tomorrow, but for me, it starts tonight!
I'm leaving to Israel later tonight, and my day in school was really just a way for me to pass the time. :)
I figured that I'd just let the girls have fun today, in honor of Chanukah, and I planned some great things for them to do.
My co needed more time to teach in one class, so I gave her part of my period and I took the other class to computers instead.
In my time, I taught the girls a fantastic memory trick, and then I gave them a couple of pointers in handwriting analysis. The kids loved it.
I got all my report cards done, and I was really enjoying my day, and the meeting with G.S.'s mother wasn't too bad either.
C.O.'s mother couldn't make it, and she said that she'd some in tomorrow, but good for me, I'm not gonna be there! I'm more nervous for Mrs. O. because she's my neighbor who thinks I'm a little baby not fit to teach her daughter. It's uncomfortable to face a mother who isn't going to listen to you anyway.
Mrs. S. was very nice to work with. She listened to what we had to say, and then we called her daughter in. G.S. just looked down the whole time and didn't say anything except for quiet "yesses" and "no's." Mrs. S. looked like she was crying a little, and I don't blame her, it's not easy to get called down to school. No mother wants to hear the her daughter is a menace.
(I know, that's harsh, but I'm going to Israel, and I don't have time to word this properly. But whatever the wording, that's ultimately what I mean. ;p)
G.S. botched up when she refused to apologize, but it was finally over, and the ultimate result was that the day after Chanukah vacation, we were going to switch her into the other class, and take E.F.G. and put her in 7a in G.S.'s place.
S.G.L.'s mother returned my phone call from Sunday, but I didn't pick up. Tonight, I'm over with school. I'm on vacation now. I'll be back Monday if you need me.
My husband made me promise not to say another word about school until we get back from Israel.
I'll gladly give in this time!