Sunday, January 22, 2006

Combined Class

I had a ton to do today, and I didn't know how I would get everything done. The periods are much shorter on Sundays, and I have more time in one class than the other because you have to allow 45 minutes in the beginning of the day for the class to daven.
Today, the principal called a teacher's meeting during davening. All the teachers were miserable about it, and it was so boring, it was almost stressful.
It turned out that I had only 20 minutes left in 7b, while I would have an hour and a half in the other class.
Now I know why I'm always behind.
My co had a meeting with the principal, and her class was doing nothing, just waiting for her. I decided to combine both classes and have a full hour and a half.
It worked great. We got some writing and history done. Of course, the principal came in to my class as soon as her meeting was over so that she could observe me.
Sheesh!!
It wasn't half bad though. I think I might be getting used to this whole business, as much as I think the idea stinks.
I have my meeting with her tomorrow though. Yay.
I had to spend a lot of time this afternoon putting their writing groups together. The girls are being put into groups for their writing project. Each group will connect the lives of the people in their biographies. This is nowhere near on a 7th grade level, but hey, what can I do?
I had to put the groups together based on the girls' preferences, and based on similarities between their characters.
This was not easy. It took me a while, and I sure hope I got it right. These group things aren't much fun. For me, and believe it or not, for the students either.