Thursday, January 19, 2006

Not Bad for a Thursday!

Wednesday was quite boring. I gave a Literature test, and I basically spent the first half of my day writing a birthday poem for my co, and after recess, I marked the tests from my first class.
Most girls got in the high nineties, only 2 girls in the grade scored in the eighties.
S.G.L. of course handed in an empty paper, and this time, I just didn't bother. I gave back the paper the same way I got it. I didn't even attempt to mark it.
The principal saw it though. I'm supposed to give all my marked tests in to her so that she could go over them. (Not that I always do it...not even that I sometimes do it!) I know she saw S.G.L.'s test, so I'll leave it in her hands.
This morning we held a good-bye party for the 6th grade teacher who's leaving. It was actually a lot of fun. We prepared a lunch and organized some cute activities as well.
I gave the tests back today, and we had a good day. I accomplished a lot in both classes, and I was pretty satisfied.
The secretary cornered me and scheduled the meeting I kept avoiding with the principal.
Oh well, I guess it's inevitable.
I was in a pretty good mood by the time I got to 12th grade, and I was also pretty excited.
I had prepared a great game for public speaking, and I hoped it would work. I know that my subject is considered a joke to the girls. Public Speaking always is. I wanted to do something that would keep all the girls participating in the lesson.
I went out this morning and bought a deck of cards. I prepared a list of topics and each card represented a topic.
The girls were to take turns coming up to my desk, picking a card, and talking spontaneously for one minute about that topic.
It worked something amazing!!!
The girls were actually participating, and fighting for a chance to come up and talk. We didn't do it for the whole period, because we didn't have that much time, but the girls can't wait to do it again next week.
To tell you the truth, neither can I.
I think I'm finally getting the hang of this high school thing!

No comments: