Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Sick

I wasn't looking forward to going back to school after a day off, especially since I wasn't feeling well.
I had been feeling really badly last night, and I wasn't feeling that great this morning either. Luckily, I want going to be doing too much today. My co was doing this huge science project with the girls. They were studying animals and they each had to make a book on animals. They came out amazing. Tomorrow, they're going to have a major presentation for the whole school. They needed time off today to make signs and booths for tomorrow. They're bringing in actual animals and everything.
I gave the girls a grammar quiz, and then tried to teach a little bit of history. It didn't work too well. I switched classes halfway through the period, and did the same thing in the other class. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
Anyway, by the time recess came, I needed it. I was feeling terrible. I was considering leaving as I wasn't going to be doing anything anyway after recess.
I decided to stick it out there anyway, and I got some aspirin so I could go into class.
I came up to the fourth floor and the principal was already standing at the door. She gave me a telling off for coming late to class. I was polite, I got my point across, and I told her that I would appreciate it if she would talk before she'd judge.
I walked into a class of 10 girls. 20 of the girls were downstairs in the lunch room setting up for tomorrow, and the girls I was stuck with were making signs.
I was enlisted to draw Hebrew letters for a group's sign. I like to draw, but it was funny, how the girls thought I could do anything just because I'm a teacher.
I am all powerful!!
Now, If you'll excuse me, I need to go throw up.