Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Bill of Rights

When I walked into class today, there was a paper waiting on my desk. G.S. and some other students had put together a "Student's Bill of Rights." They wanted me to read it out loud to the class.
It was adorable, but more than a little chutzpahdig. I didn't make any comments though. It mentioned something about their teachers going to Florida over vacation and they made fun of how all their teachers went beserk if they caught a student with gum.
Some of it was stupid, like claiming they had a right to talk and write notes in class. (The First Amendment- freedom of speech and press.)
I read it anyway, and I laughed with them, and then at then end it said; "If teachers try to take away our natural rights, this will institute the beginning of 'shtick.'"
Can't wait to see what they come up with. I think my impeachment is supposed to take place on Thursday.
I had about half my class out for newspaper today. The reporters and the graphics groups were busy gathering articles and designing a cover.
Mostly I think they were wasting class, but what can I do? We have to get this paper out.
With every new article the girls handed in I added another 10 minutes to my night. It seems I'll be typing until 2 am.
After class some teachers stayed in the teacher's room and tried on some elementary uniforms. Surprisingly, most of us fit into them. I didn't think I'd have a problem fitting at all.
I actually found a uniform jumper that fit perfectly except for being a tad short. I took it home with me so that I could adjust it.
The teachers are all planning to wear uniforms to school Sunday. It's such an over used teacher 'shtick' but we still do it anyway.
I got home and began typing. I'm still typing. Newspaper is taking forever.
E.F.G. emailed me the editorial for the paper. If it ever gets out that I have an email address, or even worse, that I gave it to a student, I'll be dead. But at this point, I've got a foot out the door.
If you want me to get a paper out, fine. But don't pry into how I got it done.
I didn't talk to my husband since Sunday. By the time I finish school work he's fast asleep. LOL. This is so pathetic.
I wonder what would happen if I would leave a "Teacher's Bill of Rights" on the principal's desk.
Oh wait, I do know. I'd be fired.

No comments: